iPad FAQ – Frequently Asked iPad Questions and Answers
1. I’m not sure I got the right size iPad can I add more storage later?
No unfortunately iPad is not upgradeable so pretty much what you see is what you get.
2. Why won’t my iPad turn off/on?
If you find yourself with a dead iPad or possibly with the progress wheel continuously spinning there may not be a need to panic. It may be due to an iOS crash. Try holding down the sleep button until your iPad turns off and if that doesn’t work leave it on until the battery runs out, charge it then try again.
3. What does the (+) sign mean in the Apple app store?
If an app has a plus sign next to it that means the app is designed to iPad/iPod touch and iPhone. Apps designed for all three are known as universal apps. Click here for more info about the App Store.
4. How do I delete an app?
If you want to delete and app simply press your finger on the app and hold it there until you see an X appear in the corner of the app. Then just press the X and the app will be deleted.
5. How do I take a screen shot on the iPad?
If you would like to take a screen shot on the iPad press the sleep button and the home button down at the exact same time.
6. How do I turn off iPad autocorrect?
If you don’t want the iPad to autocorrect your words when typing you must do the following:
Go to settings > General > Keyboard
From there you will slide the slider under Touch & Correction to Off.
7. How do I change the default search engine on the iPad?
If you want to change the default search engine on the iPad you must go to:
Settings > Safari > Search Engine
Once in the settings for Safari you will notice you can change the search engine to Google, Bing or Yahoo
8. Can I Print Directly From The iPad?
You can print via a wireless network using Airprint. When you find a page you want to print simply hit the share button and then select print. The page will be printed from any printer you select that is connected to your wireless network.
9. How much storage does the iPad offer?
iPad currently comes in 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB models
10. What is the iPad screen size?
11. Does the iPad run flash?
No, unfortunately just like the iPhone the iPad does not run flash.
12. Do all iPad models have WiFi?
Yes all iPad models are WiFi capable.
13. What is the iPad’s battery life?
On a full charge an iPad’s battery life is estimated to be 10 hours. There are many people who have claimed to get a battery life longer than 10 hours.
14. Will iPhone apps work on the iPad?
Yes, iPhone apps will work on the iPad. With most apps being universal nowadays you should notice almost no difference between using a universal app on your iPhone or iPad.
15. Does the iPad take pictures?
Yes. The iPad has a camera on both the front and back of the iPad.
16. Will the apps I download on my iPhone automatically be downloaded on my iPad?
Yes. If you have iOS 5 or higher you can set this feature up via iCloud.
17. How many app pages/home screens can I get on my iPad?
For now the maximum is 11 home screens on the iPad.
18. How heavy is the iPad?
19. Does the iPad support Bluetooth accessories?
The iPad does support some Bluetooth accessories such as Bluetooth wireless keyboards but it does not support all Bluetooth accessories.
20. Can I use the iPad as a second monitor for my computer?
Yes but you must download and install the Air Display app on both your iPad and your computer.
Do you have any other iPad questions? Just leave a comment. If you know the answer to someone else’s question please answer it.
Image Credit: Remix of works by John.Karakatsanis/Flickr and Wiertz Sébastien/Flickr (published under CC-BY License)